Do you love music and play an instrument?
Do you like working with kids?
Would you like to share your time and talents to make a difference in your community?
Join vsYOUTH Volunteers!
What is vsYOUTH?
Who are we?
- We are a group of high school-university aged volunteers who are enthusiastic about helping the Symphony and who enjoy working with kids. We also love playing, learning about and listening to music.
What do we do?
- We attend Symphony performances.
- We run Instrument Petting Zoos at community fairs, special events and for various community groups, giving young kids the chance to try out instruments of all types
- We help out at the pre-concert activities and instrument petting zoo at the ‘Concerts for Kids’ shows three times a season.
Benefits & Responsibilities
As a vsYOUTH member you will:
- Gain valuable experience and develop skills in leadership and teamwork.
- Introduce children and others to the world of music and musical instruments.
- Make a positive contribution to your community.
- Earn work experience/career education hours.
- Have the opportunity to meet and learn from Symphony musicians
- Be exposed to a variety of musical experiences.
- Be able to use the Victoria Symphony as a reference for jobs, scholarships and university entrance.
- Have the opportunity to attend Victoria Symphony concerts for free!
Volunteer for Instrument Petting Zoos!
Do you love music? Do you love working with kids? Combine the two, and join vsYOUTH. Our volunteer group is made up of fun-loving secondary and university students. vsYOUTH volunteers run Instrument Petting Zoos and help out at Victoria Symphony concerts.
Our volunteer hours are flexible and after 10 hours of vsYOUTH service, you are eligible for a reference from the Victoria Symphony and best of all FREE symphony tickets!
Questions? Call or email Sandy Grayson, Victoria Symphony Community Relations Coordinator, at 250.412.1977 or email@example.com
Want to sign up? Click here to apply on-line.